Well, life has been turned on its head! I’m sure your family routine has changed radically over the past few weeks. With the Covid-19 outbreak, all our Youth and Kids groups have stopped for now. But we’ve been busy putting together some plans so we can still serve you as a family.
1. Click on the video below to see how we’re continuing to serve you as a family
2. Then check out below how we’re going to do this, actions you need to take and resources you can use as a family
1. Sunday Groups
Join us every Sunday for teaching, activities and discussion hosted by St James Youth and Kids. Don’t forget to bring your bible. Click on the link sent out by email or get in touch for more info:
- Kids & Families: Sundays at 11:30am
- Younger Youth: Sundays at 11:30am
- Older Youth & Sixth Form: Sundays at 7:30pm
2. Weekly Videos
Every week, we’ll be releasing videos aimed at 0-5s, 5-10s and 10-18s, engaging with some current big questions, having some fun and equipping children and young people as followers of Jesus. Subscribe on YouTube and turn on the notification bell so you’ll receive updates when we upload.
Subscribe to St James Kids here
Subscribe to St James Youth here
3. Youth Online
We’re excited to be taking St James Youth online! As well groups on Sundays, we’ve got tons of great stuff throughout the week. Want to be involved? Get in touch by email or on social media.
Join one of our midweek small group hangouts with chill, chat and bible study in year groups:
- Year 6: Fridays at 5pm
- Year 7: Fridays at 6pm
- Year 8: Fridays at 7pm
- Year 9-10: Wednesdays at 5pm
- Year 11-13 guys: Wednesdays at 3pm
- Year 11-13 girls: Thursdays at 7pm
If you’re on Instagram, check out our daily devotionals to equip young people to spend time in the bible for themselves. Follow @stjamesyth on Instagram.
To make this happen, we need your consent. So, please let us know you’re happy for your child to be involved in online video conferencing here.
- https://www.gominno.com/ is a brilliant resource hub for streaming or downloading Christian based kids shows and devotionals. Check out @promiselandjunior on Instagram for teaching and activity ideas for under 5s
- Though Colin isn’t able to come St James as part of his UK tour, you might enjoy some special videos he has produced HERE
- Doug Horley Crazy Stay at home Road Show HERE
- Tune in for Michael Tinkers daily show at 11am HERE
- Subscribe to Awesome Cutlery for their brilliant songs HERE
- https://videobibletalks.com/ allows you to access free video bible teaching for teenagers with questions for discussion and application
- St James Youth on YouTube has tons of great resources HERE
Be assured we’re praying for you as a family. If there’s anything we can do to support you at this time, just get in touch. If you have any bright ideas, let us know.
Ash | Head of Kids
Dave | Head of Youth