To live as Jesus lived
To love as Jesus loved
“Live a life of love, just as Christ loved us and gave himself up for us” Eph 5:2
Living in intimate relationship with the Father
- Jesus lived his earthly life in perfect communion with his Father.
- Through him, we experience intimacy with God in prayer and worship.
Depending totally on the Spirit
- Jesus began his public ministry after the Spirit descended on him at his baptism.
- We can only continue his ministry if we are totally dependent on and led by his Spirit.
Submitting radically to God’s Word
- Jesus submitted to the Father’s will, and to the Scriptures.
- We seek to submit to God’s will as revealed in his written word.
Passionately seeking the lost
- Jesus came to seek and to save the lost and to give his life as a ransom for many.
- We share his passion for the lost, proclaiming his life, death and resurrection.
Humbly serving those in need
- Jesus, full of compassion, served the poor, the outcast and those in need.
- We share his heart for those in need in our community, city and world.
Living in loving community
- Jesus gathered a community of disciples, from all walks and stations of life.
- We are that community today, called to live life together, to love and to care.
St James Muswell Hill
We want everyone who comes to St James to feel welcome, whether it’s for a Sunday service, a midweek activity, or a special event.Find out more about us